Saturday 4 August 2012

Hot chocolate spoons

I know, I know...not really the time of year for hot chocolate is it? But, my kids really enjoy a hot chocolate as a treat, and I'm quite partial to a cuppa of the yumtious (and yes, that is a word!) stuff myself, especially with a few marshmallows floating on top!

So, for another of our activity packs I decided to make 'Hot Chocolate Spoons'. My local supermarket is selling something similar for about £1 each, but thrifty me decided they could be done much cheaper, and we could even gift them later in the year.



You will need:

Plastic spoons (we used the cheapest ones I could find in Tesco)
100g Dark chocolate
Small bag of Mini Marshmallows
Sprinkles

Break up the chocolate and place in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave in short bursts to melt the chocolate. 
Whilst the chocolate is melting, lay out the plastic spoons on a plate or tray. 
Once melted and smooth, dollop the chocolate onto the spoons making sure you put on as much as possible. Decorate with about 3 marshmallows and a few sprinkles - really easy for the kids to do! Then leave in the fridge to set. 

To use, heat some milk in the microwave and pop a Hot Chocolate Spoon straight in. Leave it a minute to melt and then stir a few times. Voila - a mild hot chocolate perfect for children (or for mummy!)



No comments:

Post a Comment